Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sleep Study

After four years of restless nights for John, we finally got him in for a sleep study. I started laying down with him in the afternoons to try and figure out what was going on. I quickly realized that he was holding his breath while he was sleeping. Kind of scary. So, we are hoping that something helpful will come from this study. What a night! It was really hard on John and just exhausting for myself. From the picture you can see just how uncomfortable it would be to try and sleep. The hard part was trying to keep him from pulling all of those wires off. When he was awake he understood that he couldn't take them off but once he fell asleep all that reasoning went out the window. Of course. I dozed off a couple times and sure enough he pulled the two things out of his nose, and had one of the electrodes that should have been on his forehead on his eye. Poor baby! I took these pictures before we went to sleep. He thought all those wire were pretty cool...until he had to go to sleep.


No comments: