Jason had a conference to attend this past weekend in Kansas City. Since his flight and Hotel were being paid for we thought it would be a great time for me to tag along. I left a day before him and was able to drive in to see my family in Columbia. I spent a wonderful evening with my Aunt and Grandma. It was really nice to be able to visit without all the kids. We went to a nice restaurant and I actually got to take my time eating and enjoying the conversation. The next day everyone came to my Grandmas for lunch. It was great to see everyone!
After that I was on my way back to Kansas City to meet up with Jason. We were able to enjoy some great Kansas City BBQ, go down and shop at the plaza, catch a movie, went to an amazing Steakhouse that played live Jazz (The Majestic), and just enjoyed our time alone.
My Mom stayed with our children for this trip. I know that they loved having their "bammy" staying at their house with them. Nice treat for them too!

View of downtown from our room

My Aunt and Grandma
No comments:
Post a Comment