About a month ago we had several tons of dirt brought in for some foundation work we needed done. After it was all done we still had a few tons left. Its a bit of an eye sore but the kids went out today and spent HOURS playing in it! I am still taken back by the things they have the most fun with. Its not the expensive new toy, the latest movie, or the mountains of books in their closets . Its the cardboard box (that the expensive toy came in), the empty easter basket to carry toys around in, or in this case the pile of dirt. I had no idea it would be so much fun! Seriously? This is all I had to get them? It was a true joy to sit on the patio and watch my children use their imaginations. They came in with, literally, pounds of sand in their shoes and clothes. For the first time in way too long, I didn't mind at all. Cleaning all the sand out of the bathroom, washing it out of the tub, sweeping the floor, and washing the clothes were nothing compared to the fun they had.


No comments:
Post a Comment