Thursday, February 19, 2009

Say What?

Little Miss Bailey is six months old now. We have a handsome dog next door and she was starting to get a little too interested in him. The time had come to get her spayed. So, this past Monday Jason dropped her off early at the spay and neuter clinic. When I went to pick her up I had to sign paperwork. On the paperwork they had a whole bunch of boxes that weren't check...except for one. Next to the box it said tattoo. What? I asked the lady what did tattoo mean? She went on to explain that they tattoo a small "S" under her incision, showing she is spayed. I was a little taken back that they would tattoo my dog but it had already been done so what was I going to do about it anyway? I didn't want to look at it. On purpose. I was so infuriated that they would put a tattoo on my little Baileys belly!! It was a perfectly pink/white belly and now it has a black "S". The lady said it was a little "S". Yah, not so much! Hey, maybe she's got some new street cred. with her dog homies now :o)


Doesn't this look like a homemade tattoo you would get in prison?! Oh my.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Wow...They didn't tattoo Layla! You'd think they would have had to have permission?? I've never heard of that...How odd...I guess it's easier to tell on a boy dog than a girl dog but still, better way anyone?