Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mountain of Terror

So, we have the new Jeep and we had to go check out the four wheel drive capabilities. Of Course!! Jason and I thought it would be fun to take the kids sledding. To an area we couldn't have reached before with our van. Well, this adventure took us to a mountain side that didn't look as steep as it actually was. Fun fun family time right? We all climbed the mountain side just to figure out that we didn't all fit in the toboggan. I decided to stay behind and take the next ride down. SOOOO glad I did. As they went down I quickly realized how insane this really was. They all went air-borne and Faith flew off. No one was holding on to her!! She landed in front of the sled and then proceeded to get run over. Talk about being horrified! Thankfully the snow was really deep and she didn't get hurt at all. She just got kind of smashed down into the snow. Face first. :o( She's a tough girl. Tyler brought the toboggan back up to the top to bring me down. After what I just saw I was very unsure about riding that thing down. I'd like to think I'm not a chicken about stuff but I was VERY worried about this ride. Jason took some pics as we went down...


Oh yah...I'm totally freaked out!! I was holding onto my 10 year old son and counting on him to save my life. Of course he's loving it as any boy would. Crazy boys!!

We did end up going airborne and flying off at the end. Tyler thought it was the best sledding trip ever. Not sure that I would agree with him. But then again I'm not a 10 year old boy.

We did end up finding a "kid friendly" area to take the kids. They were much more stoked about their non-scary ride (except for Tyler). Me too!

No comments: